After announcing its plan to restart the Bangkok – Sapporo route earlier this month, Thai AirAsia X is back with news about further expansion into the Japanese market. This time, the airline announced that it will increase the frequency on the Bangkok Don Muang – Tokyo Narita route from double daily to triple daily.
XJ602/XJ603: Bangkok Don Muang – Tokyo Narita and Back
The new, third, frequency will operate every day starting from March 25, 2018, with the following schedule:
- XJ602 from Bangkok DMK to Tokyo NRT: depart at 5:05AM, arrive at 1:10PM
- XJ603 from Tokyo NRT to Bangkok DMK: depart at 2:25PM, arrive at 7:10PM
The flight will operate in addition to the existing two daily rotations that operate as follows:
- XJ600 from Bangkok DMK to Tokyo NRT: depart at 11:55PM, arrive at 8:00AM the next day
- XJ601 from Tokyo NRT to Bangkok DMK: depart at 9:15AM, arrive at 2:00PM
- XJ606 from Bangkok DMK to Tokyo NRT: depart at 11:05AM, arrive at 7:25PM
- XJ607 from Tokyo NRT to Bangkok DMK: depart at 8:40PM, arrive at 1:20AM the next day
All of the above flights are (to be) operated by Airbus A330-300 aircraft. Thai AirAsia X operates a total of 6 airframes of the type and it is the only type in its fleet. Each of those aircraft is equipped with 12 angle-flat business class seats and 365 economy class seats.
Besides Thai AirAsia X’s route between Bangkok Don Muang and Tokyo Narita, the airline’s sister companies – AirAsia X and Indonesia AirAsia X – connect Tokyo with Kuala Lumpur (Haneda) and Bali (Narita).
Separately, apart from Thai AirAsia X’s route to Tokyo Narita and the planned route to Sapporo, the airline also connects Don Muang airport with Osaka Kansai airport twice a day.